|Title(s)||Witch (魔女, Majo)|
|Hometown||Land of Fire|
|Previous Profession||Head of the Konoha Intelligence Division|
|Previous Team||Team Ibiki|
|Family||Sooun Kurama (Father)|
Yuno Kurama (Mother)
Minegumo Kurama (Half-Brother)
Kabuto Yakushi (Guardian)
|Series Debut||Diamond and Pearl|
|Roleplay Debut||The Start of Everything|
|Game Debut||Naruto: Shinobi Force|
|Unique Traits||Detects Negative Emotions|
|Nature|| Yin Release (Affinity)|
|Jutsu||More Coming Soon|
Main article: The Start of EverythingFive years following the Fourth Shinobi World War, Asuna was born on a beautiful morning in August to Sooun and Yuno Kurama. Blessed with her father's smooth chocolate skin and her mother's renowned beauty — particularly her white-pink hair and hypnotic eyes, Asuna beauty was known and praised throughout the clan and village. As the only child of Main family within the Kurama Clan, she was also the clan's heir, thus, destined for kunoichi life.
Despite the universal peace the village was enjoying, Asuna's early years were filled with chaos and confusion. Unfortunately, Asuna did not inherit her father's charm nor her mother's glamour. Actually, she was somewhat of a delinquent. She cared not for other's feeling as she often bullied people her age and had little to no remorse for her actions. Sooun paid little attention to this behavior as Asuna showed prodigious potential in almost every facet of her life. But her mother began to notice something dark and foul with her. Then, at the age of four, everything changed when Asuna awakened her Kekkei Genkai. Her cruel nature and inability to handle her power prevented her from commencing the accelerated track her father had planned. Her habits and questionable tendencies along with her unholy power earned her the nickname the Witch (魔女, Majo).
As her name and habits became a safety hazard for villagers, Asuna and her father met with the newly appointed Seventh Hokage who essentially designated them to house arrest — albeit under the advisement of his council, until she had some control over both her powers and desires. Being removed from society, there was only one person Asuna could harass as her father was too skilled of a shinobi to succumb to her antics; her mother. Asuna repeatedly tortured Yuno in various ways as her father attempted to train her. Over the next two years, a rift developed between the two to the point of no return; Yuno labeled Asuna as monster.
One day, at the age of six, Asuna was introduced to her half brother, Minegumo Kurama — who had been welcomed into the Main Family's home due to the awakening of his Kekkei Genkai. While their initial encounter was cut short due to Asuna's lack of restraint, the two would sneak out in order to talk about their past and similarities. After only a brief discussion, Asuna quickly deemed her brother to be idiotic and inferior; stating that the two of them are nothing alike.
In the months following, Asuna and Minegumo trained together under the supervision of their father. Throughout this duration, Asuna underwent a dramatic change in personality and character; Asuna's negative reputation had seemingly faded as she made friends and stopped harassing people. Unknown at this point, this sudden shift in character and her ability to forgo a passing moment of interest would start her on a path to becoming a high-function psychopath. Days after attending the Ninja Academy's welcoming ceremony, Asuna and Minegumo fought one another in a spar in front of their father in order to gauge their abilities before attending the academy.  Unlike most academy student battles, which primarily encompass very basic taijutsu, the two performed feats that even surprised their father. Despite her broadcasting sophisticated tactics and an unusual affinity for deception, Asuna lost her first battle against his brother.
Main article: My Ninja AcademiaIn the two years following their battle, Asuna was admitted into the academy and displayed exceptional talents in nearly every class; she along with her brother were regarded as the best of their generation. During this time, Asuna maintained her nice girl farce in order to maintain her admittance within the academy; she studied how both her peers and her professors acted and mimicked the other's natural behavior. Additionally, Asuna underwent her own form of training throughout this two year period. She not only expanded her arsenal of techniques, she studied strategy and how better human psychology.
Despite her age and the peaceful times throughout, Asuna was allowed to take the final exam due to her talent. Scoring a perfect on the written exam, Asuna immediately took note of the practical exam's true nature; she immediately planned on using the majority of the class' females as her subordinates. However, once the exam started, her group was immediately intercepted by genjutsu specialist Kurenai Yuhi and was taken out within moments of the exam.  After unsuccessfully challenging her superior in individual combat, Asuna setup an informal alliance with her brother and his underling to take on Kurenai. In a semi-united effort, the team managed to successfully apprehend and strip the retired jonin of the bells. While unhappy in the manner, Asuna graduated with her brother with nearly perfect scores.
Pleased that both of his children graduated, Sooun decided to commemorate the occasion by hosting a family dinner; involving both wives and children. Surprised to see her mother, who had been bounded to the confines of her room through her own volition, Asuna's apathetic nature began to reveal itself once again. Not only going after her mother but all dinner participants, Asuna turned the joyous occasion into a heated argument. After turning Mika against Minegumo for his devious acts during the exam, Asuna's attacks were seemingly shut down by her mother; who slapped Asuna multiple times. Unable to recover from the shift of power, Asuna fled from the dinner table confused.
Troubled by his sister's actions, Minegumo approached Asuna immediately following the ruined occasion. Disgusted by the fact that Minegumo actually considered himself an authority in the matter, Asuna decided it was time to re-establish her superiority over her brother after losing it somewhat during their first confrontation.
Bating her brother to following her to the Konoha training ground, the two both snook out to settle their issues. During their battle, Asuna broadcasted two years of training in its entirety. Setting the pace, Asuna displayed a newfound knowledge of shinobi strategy and tactics. She showed little hesitation and did not care for her brother's well-being; striking him with lethal intentions. Minegumo was demonstrated considerable advances as well, performing various well-designed techniques. However, in the end, Asuna would overcome her brother's techniques and defeat him by using the knowledge she got from the actions and reactions from dinner. After verifying her victory, Asuna left her brother injured and unconscious in training field to figure out his injuries on his own.
Upon returning home, Asuna noticed an odd feeling coming from their estate. Navigating to her mother's room, Asuna found her father with her mother's lifeless corpse in his arms; she committed suicide shortly after dinner. Instead of feeling sadness or sympathy, Asuna was pleased that balance had been restored.
Main article: Beyond Scared Straight
Main article: Digging up the Root
Since birth, Asuna has been heralded as an unmatched beauty. Asuna seemingly inherited both of her parent's most attractive qualities — her mother's white-pinkish hair along with her dazzling blue eyes and her father's smooth milk chocolate skin. It was later revealed that when Asuna utilizes her chakra, her eyes turn from blue to neon pink, reminiscent to a dōjutsu activation; it's actually genetic mutation that only occurs once in every million people. As she left her delinquent nature behind, Asuna was regarded as one of the most popular kids her age primarily due to her beauty.
Chakra and Physical Prowess
Given her age, Asuna has displayed superb control over her chakra. Beyond her genjutsu prowess, Asuna has been able to focus her chakra to specific areas of her body in order to perform techniques like the Tree Climbing Tehcnique. She is also able to transfer her chakra into inanimate objects in order to compromise their structure or augment their proportions. While her chakra reserves are nothing extraordinary, Asuna's control allows her to not waste any chakra; allowing her to conserve and remain in the battle for an extended duration.
Despite barely training her body, Asuna has shown above average speed and mobility. She also has an incredible tolerance for pain as she was able to pierce her lip with her teeth without a second thought and then continue the battle.
Consistent with her clan's affinity for illusions, Asuna has displayed a natural aptitude for Genjutsu. At the age of six, Asuna performed numerous techniques within and outside of battle. Despite her youth and inexperience, Asuna understands how to properly combine reality and illusion to properly deceive her opponents.
Under the tutelage of Sooun, Asuna understand how to dispel genjutsu by disrupting her chakra flow and even inflicting pain onto herself. 
Like her brother, Asuna is one of the few to awaken her clan's infrequent Kekkei Genkai. Awakening the ability at the tender age of four, her lack of control caused trouble for both her and her family. After two years of training under her father, one of the village's most decorated genjutsu practitioners, Asuna displayed the ability to channel her power at will and use the power in conjunction with specific genjutsu. Unfortunately, Asuna has yet to master the Kekkei Genkai as when her chakra reserves are nearly depleted the Ido within her attempts to take over.
Despite her delinquent nature, Asuna is incredibly intelligent as seen through her ability comprehend and learn things rather quickly. Asuna has been shown to be generally pragmatic in her decision making, rarely allowing emotion to influence her decisions — dealing with her brother seems to be the exception to that rule. Beyond her natural talents, Asuna is very manipulative. Asuna has been able to read people with and without her Kekkei Genkai and adapt to situations with relative ease.
Creation and Concept
- ↑ Dreams and Nightmares: Asuna offers her point of view on helping and listening to others to Minegumo.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Time I Met You: Children and adults alike referred to Asuna as a "Witch" due to her misleading beauty yet unconventional powers.
- ↑ From Scholars to Shinobi: Asuna graduated from the Konoha Ninja Academy at the age of eight, ranking at the top of her class.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Time I Met You: Asuna is introduced into the series as the daughter of Sooun and Yuno Kurama, the current heads of the Kurama Clan.
- ↑ The Time I Met You: Sooun tells Yuno that Asuna will be a plague on the battlefield as she'll need to be a kunoichi to become a worthy heir.
- ↑ The Time I Met You: Asuna had a reputation as trouble maker since the moment she could walk. She cared little for the consequences of her actions and only worried about herself and her interests.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 The Time I Met You: Despite her delinquent behavior, Asuna showed great promise as a shinobi, especially in the field of genjutsu.
- ↑ The Time I Met You: Asuna relationship with her mother began to deteriorate as she grew older and more conniving.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The Time I Met You: Asuna was designated to house arrest following the many issues she caused throughout the village.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 The Time I Met You: With no one else to torture, Asuna's mother, Yuno, fell victim to Asuna's psychotic tendencies for nearly two years.
- ↑ The Time I Met You: Asuna and Minegumo meet for the first time.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Dreams and Nightmares: Asuna and Minegumo escape Asuna's security detail in order to have a private meeting.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Dreams and Nightmares: Upon hearing Minegumo remorse for killing as well as his interest in pleasing people, Asuna distastefully wrote him off, denying any ideas of the two being similar.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 The First of Many: Asuna underwent a dramatic change in order to convince her father and the higher ups to allow her admittance into the Ninja Academy.
- ↑ The First of Many: Asuna and Minegumo fight for the first time in the Kurama Clan training field in front of their father.
- ↑ The First of Many: At the end of the battle Sooun was left dumbfounded at his children's skill; labeling the both easily genin-level shinobi.
- ↑ The First of Many: As her attack was seemingly re-directed back at her, Sooun was forced to step in and save her, thus bringing an end to their battle.
- ↑ From Scholars to Shinobi: As the top ranking students of the their class, Asuna and Minegumo were regarded as once in a generation talents.
- ↑ From Scholars to Shinobi: Asuna admits to spending her morning studying and training beyond the general curriculum of the Academy.
- ↑ From Scholars to Shinobi: Asuna was permitted to take the exam despite the village recommended on allowing kids over the age of ten to graduate.
- ↑ From Scholars to Shinobi: All the females surround Asuna in attempt to team up with her; she decides to take them all under her wing.
- ↑ From Scholars to Shinobi: Kurenai knocks out all of Asuna's associates, but Asuna doesn't realize.
- ↑ From Scholars to Shinobi: After the fall of her team, Asuna allies herself with her brother.
- ↑ From Scholars to Shinobi: Asuna and Minegumo successfully strip the bells away from Kurenai.
- ↑ Sweet and Sour: Sooun announced that there'll be a family dinner to celebrate Asuna and Minegumo's graduation.
- ↑ Sweet and Sour: Asuna starts with her mother but ends up picking on everyone at the dinner table.
- ↑ Sweet and Sour: After the final slap, Asuna left the dinner table as she was unable to reestablish the power dynamic with her father present.
- ↑ Higher Education: Fed up with Minegumo's heroic acts, Asuna decided she'd bait her brother into following her to fight her.
- ↑ Higher Education: Asuna doesn't let Minegumo determine when he wants to start the battle; thus controlling the pace to her liking.
- ↑ Higher Education: Asuna catches Minegumo in a well-execute assault that was noted to be powerful enough to kill or end Minegumo's shinobi career.
- ↑ Higher Education: Asuna utilize the Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique in conjunction with her Kekkei Genkai to defeat her brother with an incredibly detailed illusion and paper bombs.
- ↑ Higher Education: After securing her victory, Asuna left the battlefield, uninterested in aiding her brother.
- ↑ Higher Education: Asuna returns home, where she's welcomed by a hateful emotion.
- ↑ Higher Education: Upon entering her mother's room, Sooun states that her mother killed herself and Asuna is at fault.
- ↑ The Time I Met You: Everyone in the room sat in awe of Asuna's beauty after her birth.
- ↑ The Time I Met You: Yuno and Sooun jokingly discuss how Asuna shares their best traits.
- ↑ The First of Many: Asuna becomes the most popular girl her age after seemingly changing her attitude and tendencies during the months training with her brother; it's stated that its most due to her beauty.
- ↑ The First of Many: Asuna was able to focus her chakra into her feet in order to stand upside down on the ceiling.
- ↑ The First of Many: Throughout the battle, Asuna compromised the structure of the roof in order to attack her brother. She planned on utilizing the Enlargement Technique to amplify the damage and coverage.
- ↑ The First of Many: Asuna uses her chakra carefully and selectively in order to extend and maximize her chakra usage.
- ↑ The First of Many: Asuna was able to maneuver around the room with distinguished speed and stealth.
- ↑ 42.0 42.1 The First of Many: Asuna breaks free from Minegumo Genjutsu by not only disrupting her chakra but also biting her own lip.
- ↑ The First of Many: Asuna utilizes Demonic Illusion: Casting Emotions and Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique in her fight against Minegumo.
- ↑ The First of Many: Asuna utilizes smoke bombs and clones, in conjunction with her illusions in an attempt to deceive her brother.
- ↑ The First of Many: As an ace up her sleeve, Asuna utilizes her Kekkei Genkai in conjunction with Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique in order to try and finish her brother.
- ↑ The First of Many: At the end of her rope, Asuna feels the Ido within attempting to take over her conscious.
- ↑ The First of Many: Asuna seems to abandon her pragmatic nature when dealing with her brother, who, despite having very similar abilities to her, is incredibly different.